The seasons of sales here, it is the sale that everyone has been eagerly planning and waiting for, is just around the corner. Do you have your website ready for the biggest sale of the year? Here are the top tips to make your website smooth and user-friendly for the Black Friday sale from the experts at Web Design Knutsford.
Managing heavy traffic
On sale days, it is expected that your website will have heavier traffic than usual. Take control by planning in advance. How do you ensure that your website remains smooth with traffic under control?
- Give a heads up to your Content Delivery Network (CND) provider about the heavy traffic on your website. That will allow them to plan the surge of traffic on your website.
- If you have a poor server that cannot handle surge traffic, ensure you get an upgraded and better server ahead of the Black Friday sale.
- The speed of the website is essential. If a page takes a long time to load, the user will lose interest. Make sure you minimize and resize your pictures, shorten long posts, and remove third-party content for better speed.
Secure Browsing and Payment Portals
Personal information and accounts of your visitor can be easily hacked if the browsing channel is not secure. Here is what you can do.
- To ensure safe browsing of the visitor, make sure your website has Secure Sockets Layer (SSL).
- Give various options for payment method; the more the options, the wider the visitors.
- Make sure SSL secures your payment channels.
Optimising Search Engines
Limited search engine content will hamper your visibility as well as visitors’ experience on your website.
- Optimising the content of your search engines will ensure that visitors can find the products easily. It will also ensure your visibility.
- Optimize using specific words, product keywords, give proper product descriptions, use target words in meta descriptions.
Promotion, campaigns, and coupons
You will need a well-planned strategy for advertising and promoting the sales on your website. How do you do that?
- Promote your website on social media platforms like Facebook, Instagram, and TikTok. That will create wider attraction.
- Start campaigns by collaborating with influencers that can boost the visitors to your website.
- Start promoting weeks ahead of the sale, with short previews of the items on sale and give coupons with discounts for visitors.
These tips will ensure your website is prepared for the Black Friday Sale, but if you need more help making sure that your website is ready for Black Friday, why not contact Web Design Knutsford?
Call us today on +44(0)1925 552050 or fill out a form.